Are you an experienced data engineer looking for a brand-new contract? The Consultancy Group are partnered with a global client looking to expand their data engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the data pipeline and storage systems. You will liaise with the team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers to ensure the efficient delivery of the project.
You will assist with a huge data transformation programme, with a shift from on prem and legacy platforms to GCP.
- Design, build, and maintain the data pipeline and storage systems
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Analysis and organisation of raw data
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to understand data needs and requirements
- Ensure data is accurate and reliable
- Monitor data pipeline for errors and take corrective action as needed
- 4+ years’ experience as a data engineer
- Experience with cloud platforms ideally GCP but open to AWS or Azure experience
- Experience with data pipeline and storage systems such as Kafka, Spark, and Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong programming skills in one or more of Python or Java