I’m working closely with a Technology client at the embark on a business wide portfolio of technology led transformation initiatives to support their wider growth strategy.
This is an initial 12 month contract to lead a team supported by a TDA, providing clear direction whilst liaising with senior and international stakeholders.
- Required to plan and deliver the people, process and technology change needed to realise a fit for purpose, DR-proven and cost-effective infrastructure
- We’ve had some recent outages due to a combination of operational process and architecture failings along with a lack of monitoring visibility into the estate.
- Projects are taking several times too long with unclear metrics for success leading to hidden cost
- Expected getting underneath this and building a clear and costed plan will take ~2 months followed by execution
- Brings existing network and infra team under one head
- Will work with US team to build towards global infrastructure administration
- Key Priorities:
- Review and refine architecture to be simple, cost-effective, resilient and secure
- Produce costed plan for implementing new architecture
- Deliver revised architecture and ensure it is BCDR-proven
- Complete post M&A legacy decommission
- Implement holistic monitoring and alerting tooling
- Leverage partnership with global teams to increase effective capacity and coverage
- Project Fusion
- Right-size overall workloads including managing VM sprawl
- Build cloud SRE capabilities to support new workloads on Azure